Are you looking for a Production and Sewing related internship in the Fashion Sector in South West England? Based at our studio in Frome, Somerset; we are delighted to be able to take on a small number of interns yearly to gain insight into the hustle behind working for a small sustainable fashion brand.
Daines Atelier upcycle vintage off-cuts and remnants into one-of-a-kind garments. If you’re an advocate for sustainable fashion and have a drive to educate others on the importance of sustainable fashion, then this internship is for you.
We are looking for reliable, creative and proactive Production Interns to assist us with the sewing and pattern process involved in a slow fashion brand. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain work experience in niche tailoring tecniques, working with vintage textiles and gain insight to designing for a target audience. Which will give the knowledge in what it takes to grow and run a small fashion label.
The Studio Production Internship Role Includes:
- Assisting with the cutting out of products/Fabric Selection.
- Working on the quality control and finishing tweaks of a garment.
- General studio admin and organisation duties.
- Minor Pattern Grading and Adjustments supervised.
Requirements to Apply:
- MUST be Degree Level or Recently Graduated. (We offer work Experience Opportunities for College level students here.)
- Able to travel to our studio in Frome, Somerset.
- Keen Interest in Sewing and Sustainability.
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to learn.
What you will Learn:
- The process behind fabric selection for different types of garments.
- Understanding what can make something a higher quality and have a longer durability.
- Insights into how sustainability can be commercialised ethically.
- What it is like to work for a small brand with production in-house.
- Working with a sustainable brand.